Elevate your home decor with this exquisite Handmade Ceramic Pitcher. Crafted from earthenware and beautifully adorned with a food-safe glaze in blue, brown, and beige hues, this small pitcher is a true work of art. It's perfectly finished, complete with the author's stamp, making it a unique addition to your collection.
This versatile piece is not just a ceramic bottle; it's an Earthen Pitcher that can be used for both hot and cold drinks, as well as your favorite liquors. Its charm goes beyond functionality; it can also be an elegant vase or a stunning decoration for your home.
- Capacity: 350ml/11.8 oz.
- Approximate Measurements: 4.3in/11cm wide (excluding the spout) by 5.9in/15cm high.
- Materials: Earthenware, food-safe glaze, and cork.
- Wheel-thrown and hand-painted in Bulgaria, Europe.
- Matte finish for a rustic and modern touch.
Make every occasion special with this pitcher. It's a delightful birthday or Christmas gift, or a thoughtful present for any day. Plus, it's made sustainably with local clay and energy-saving kilns, so you're not just buying a work of art; you're supporting a small business and eco-friendly craftsmanship.
Ceramics, one of humanity's earliest industrial endeavors, possesses intrinsic artistic qualities, even during its nascent stages. The lands that now make up Bulgaria bear witness to the diverse tapestry of tribes and peoples that have called this region home. Over the centuries, this land has collected a rich assortment of ceramics, each telling a unique story—crafted by Thracians, Romans, Slavs, and Proto-Bulgarians. The proximity to the Mediterranean, with its wealth of culture, has significantly influenced the evolution of Bulgarian craftsmanship.
At DankoHandmade, we cherish tradition by reimagining it through a contemporary lens. Each of our product lines showcases its own distinctive style and character, yet they all bear the unmistakable comfort and warmth of the Bulgarian soil.
The Ceramics Journey:
(Explore our shop for other stages of the ceramic-making process)
Firing - Where Clay Meets Fire:
The transformation of humble clay into durable ceramics hinges on the firing process. Ceramics, known for their strength and sturdiness, resemble stone in many ways. For thousands of years, pottery pieces have stood the test of time, all thanks to the fusion of clay and fire.
Firing involves subjecting the clay and glazes to high temperatures. The ultimate goal is to heat the object until the clay and glazes reach their optimal level of melting, a process that occurs on a molecular level. Bisque firing is the initial high-temperature stage, ensuring that the clay vitrifies sufficiently to withstand subsequent glaze application, yet without being so vitrified that the glaze won't adhere properly.
Once glazes are carefully applied and allowed to dry, the ware is loaded into the kiln for the glaze firing. Precise loading is crucial, as pots must not touch to prevent the glazes from fusing and welding the pots together. The kiln is then gradually heated to the precise temperature, bringing the clay and glazes to full maturity, before it is slowly cooled again. Only after the kiln has cooled is it opened and the precious cargo is carefully unloaded.
1-2 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
INFORMATION I COLLECT
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorised Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order, for example), if you contact me directly.
WHY I NEED YOU INFORMATION AND HOW I USE IT
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
• as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
• when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
• if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
• Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
• Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
• Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE THE EU
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
• Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
• Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
HOW TO CONTACT ME
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Daniel Nikolov, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at email@example.com. Alternately, you may send a letter to me at:
10 HRISTO BOTEV STR.
Feb 11, 2019
Daniel's pottery is exquisite. This small bottle is lovely - with a beautiful pattern and colour. I couldn't decide what pieces to buy from Danko - and ended up with six - all equally as beautiful. They look even better than the pictures. The delivery was surprisingly quick to the UK - and I knew exactly when the courier would arrive. So well packaged - it took ages to unpack. Thank you Daniel.